Are you excited about BarCampRDU 2013? We sure are! The main event begins this Saturday, at 09:00. Be sure to think up a 30 second pitch for the talk you’d like to give, the workshop you’d like to run, or the discussion group you’d like to facilitate. Support staff will begin set up at 7am. Coffee, bagels, donuts, and socializing goes from 8am-9am. Session pitches begin 9am.
BarCampRDU is an event entirely organized by its attendees. Everyone at BarCampRDU is a volunteer. This means you. This can be as simple as picking up a piece of trash from the ground or directing someone to the bathroom. It can be more, though! We have lots of opportunities for you to get involved and most of them are very easy. Here are some examples:
* Help setup the facility in the morning
* Staff the registration table and distribute t-shirts
* Coordinate rooms, schedule grid, and room logistics (A/V, etc)
* Welcome the caterers, ensure the meals go off successfully
* Provide an intentional social media presence, keeping people
informed about BarCamp events, changes in schedule, etc.
* Duty officers to handle complaints of harassment or other problems
* Prepare coffee and tea, maintain and clean the coffee station
* Put up Signs, greet people, answer questions
* Keep the wiki and Google docs up to date
* Help cleanup the facility before we leave
* Google Hangout operators (to help live stream and record talks)
* Mobile phone photographers/journalists (who will have author accounts to the BarCampRDU WordPress site and can publish to all our media resources from one location during the event)
Volunteering is one of the best ways to interact and build relationships with other awesome people. Please help us by adding your name to this spreadsheet of volunteers, keeping it updated if your plans change, and asking your friends to also add their name: http://goo.gl/DF2Qj
Thanks! We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.