[Dev] Fun with templates

Ed Hill dev@trilug.org
13 Feb 2002 09:10:13 -0700

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 14:26, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> First, did you know that apparently templates are turing complete!

Ok, so you can do calculations of arbitrary complexity at compile time
with templates.  Cool.  But I've seen only a few practical examples of
anything useful accomplished with these template gymnastics.  The
applications that I'm aware of are expression templates:

  http://www.acl.lanl.gov/pete/index.html
  http://www.acl.lanl.gov/pooma/
  http://www.oonumerics.org/blitz/

and I've used them a little.

So whats my point, then?  ;-)  Well, do any of you actually use ETs or
related template methods for your projects?  If so, do you have any
examples you'd be willing to share?  I'd be interested in seeing them!

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:       ed@eh3.com, ehill@mines.edu