[Dev] reading circle meeting location

Brent Verner dev@trilug.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:07:27 -0500

[2002-02-20 10:32] Jeremy P said:
| On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Brent Verner wrote:
|
| >     Durham/Chapel Hill:
| >       Go East on I-40                          ???
| >       Take RALEIGH CHAPEL HILL EXWY.           2.3
| >       Take the BLUE RIDGE RD exit.             0.2
| [etc]
|
| Good luck finding the "RALEIGH CHAPEL HILL EXWY"  There's NEVER been a
| road called that.  I think it's referring to Wade Ave, which was once
| called the "Wade Ave. Extension" and before that called "I-40" (before
| I-40 was built around the south of Raleigh).  Mapquest is sometimes a
| little screwed up.

My apologies.  I thought that street name looked strange, but I
wasn't sure of that road's name.  I am the worst person to ask
for directions, rarely associating a path I travel with the names
of the roads travelled.  I drive "by feel" in familiar territory
and "Nft overhead view" in less commonly travelled paths.

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman