[Dev] Blocking MTD's

dev@trilug.org dev@trilug.org
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:13:21 -0500

* Mike Johnson <mike@enoch.org> [022802 15:48]:
> given that this is likely Nimda or CodeRed, you've just posted
> the IP address of a system that's easily compromised to a public
> list.  Congratulations.

I'm embarrassed at my own ignorance.  I will be very careful not to do
this again, however, a polite answer would have been just as effective
at altering my behaviour as a sardonic one.

With that said, thank you for the comprehensive answer to my questions.
I really appreciate you taking the time to address my concerns.

* Mike Johnson <mike@enoch.org> [022802 15:48]:
> If you really want to automatically set drop rules, look at:
> http://www.keyslapper.org/Nimda/
>
> And modify it so that rather than sending an e-mail, it
> adds a new drop entry.

I think I will go with this approach, it seems well suited to what I
want to accomplish.

* Mike Johnson <mike@enoch.org> [022802 15:48]:
> Again, you can post here all ya want, but you'll get -better-
> answers on the main trilug discuss list.

I will keep that in mind.

Again, thanks.

Nate