[Hosting] test - ignore

Chris Hedemark hosting.a.t.trilug.org
15 Feb 2002 23:31:44 -0500

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 14:16, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Well, I can't stand the default GTK theme.  Mandrake, however,
> has their own default theme that is much nicer.  I think, also,
> that it's much closer to the default kde theme.  I don't actually
> notice that much difference between them.  Of course, I don't use
> KDE or GNOME, I use Windowmaker. :-)

Well I didn't even have Gnome on here originally but figured what the
heck and decided to see how fast my new Road Runner connection would
go.  I averaged about 2.5Mbps down to get the full Ximian desktop (from
the DULUG mirror using the Ximian installer).  I played with it for, oh,
one day and ran back to KDE.

On the KDE side I have installed Mosfet's Liquid extensions to KDE which
bring a little more eye candy to the desktop.  Some of the tricks from
OS X are in there.

I noticed the Ximian installer has full support for Solaris 8 on Sparc
hardware so I might give it a try on my Ultra 5 soon.