[Linux-ham] new equipment tips and hamfest

Magnus linux-ham@trilug.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:53:20 -0400

--Apple-Mail-1-700308780

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 04:27  PM, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> To re-ask a question I asked before some of you were joined:  what ham
> radio programs are available for Linux that we could put on a CD to
> give
> out?  I think this would be a nice 'value-add' that wouldn't be too
> hard
> to do, if there are any such programs.

I think better yet, to better fulfill the Linux evangelism interests of
TriLUG, would be to fork Knoppix into a HAM distro that had a bootable
Linux distro-on-CD with all the ham radio applications already
installed.

Knoppix already has the necessary software included to install the
distro to the HD if the user likes the distro.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish

--Apple-Mail-1-700308780