[Linux-ham] Congrats!

Jeremy Portzer linux-ham@trilug.org
19 Jul 2003 23:22:01 -0400

--=-tHidufCeNn2uy8z9xjWA

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 21:46, Magnus wrote:
> On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 06:12  PM, Kevin Otte wrote:
>=20
> > Congrats to Jeremy Portzer for not only earning his Technician, but=20
> > also
> > passing his General theory today at the Cary Swapfest.
>=20
> Whoah cool, the very same Jeremy Portzer that was resisting this in=20
> #trilug a couple of weeks ago?

I don't think I've been resisting it.  I've been planning to do this a
while; I've had the study guide for several months. I just this week
finally took the time to study.  I do find some of the stuff hams do a
bit silly, considering the availability and strengths of the Internet,
but there are definitely some valid uses.  Plus, I'm a geek.  :-)

I don't know how I managed to pass the written part of the General ... a
lot of luck, I think, and some knowledge of electronics.

Now, the code part is going to be a lot harder...

--Jeremy, who is up to four letters learned

--=20
Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp@pobox.com>

--=-tHidufCeNn2uy8z9xjWA

--=-tHidufCeNn2uy8z9xjWA--