[Linux-ham] automated Audio processing in Linux?

Mark Turner markt at siteseers.net
Tue Mar 23 16:01:27 EST 2004

Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> What I'd like to do is run something that would monitor the input ...
> when there is traffic, record that into a file, and then stop recording
> when the transmission stops.

Hey I've been looking for something like that, too. Let me know when you
have it done! :-P

Seriously, I believe I've seen similar things in the Windows world, but
I'm coming up short for Linux solutions.

I know of one German repeater which is streaming to ogg vorbis, but it
doesn't act on squelch, AFAIK. I believe this could be accomplished with
a "descriminator tap," but a smart application could be taught to
recognize when the squelch kicks in.

I'll look around to see what might be Out There(tm).

73,
Mark N4JMT