[Linux-ham] Re: Hamfest planning and needs

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Mar 23 17:07:47 EST 2004

>Also, does anyone have a cell phone with an Internet connection that we
>could use for the better part of the day?

I will be there from 9:30 until noon, and I will have my laptop and
cellphone available.  It's only 9600 baud, but it's unlimited use
anytime and I'll be glad to provide bandwidth.  For web-browsing I
connect back to Intrex's "Speedster" service (compression and caching)
so it's really not bad at all for general use.  Just don't expect to
pull down any ISOs that we forgot at the last minute.  :)  I also know
someone involved in the Nextel wireless broadband trial, perhaps I can
convince him to either come and join us for a while, or loan the card to
me for the morning.  :)  More on that as I have it.

Aaron J.

PS - the laptop is a power book running OS X, but we can tuck it quietly
out of the way.  :)