[Linux-ham] WWV based NTP server

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Mon Nov 29 19:17:27 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 05:57:12PM -0500, Nathan Conrad wrote:
> I wonder how hard it is to build such a receiver....

Sadly, anything about electronics I learned in early college has long since
been flushed out of /dev/brain :)

> Is WWV AM modulated? If so, a crystal radio with a small amplifier
> might fit the bill.

I haven't been able to find it explicitly stated on the NIST site, but it
seems to imply that it is AM.  Memory also seems to serve that it is AM.
Fairly safe bet.

The full RF details are here:
http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwv.html

Seems 10MHz would be the best bet.

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex.net
http://www.nivex.net/

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5