[Linux-ham] Asterisk as a repeater

Neil L. Little nllittle at vnet.net
Sat Mar 18 13:00:59 EST 2006

David Cameron, VE7LTD, (http://www.irlp.net/) is guy that originated
IRLP and  "pieced together" the code himself. Not being a professional
programmer he said he was aware that the code was not going to be the
most elegant in the world.

When he put it up the GPL license his email was beseiged daily by folks
flaming him about why he did something this way or that without
providing any alternative. Finally in disgust he removed it from the GPL
license and continued doing it his "own" way.

Thats why the IRLP looks "quite horrible" as it does.

Neil Little, WA4AZL      JARS Forever! .....er TRILUG too!