[Linux-ham] Local nets

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 22:00:16 EDT 2009

So, what does a ham have to do to encourage local TriLUG
hams to check into local nets.  Specifically, in this case,
the Central Carolina Skywarn Net (9:15pm every Tuesday
on 146.88 Mhz).

Props go to Greg, KJ4FFC, for checking in, and Matt, KI4URB,
for acknowledging the net and saying he'd be on it soon when
he gets his radio hooked up.

However, for the rest of you, what's your excuse?!?

Specifically (and yes, I'm going to call people out here...),

N8VNR, KI4BKE, N4JMT, and everyone else on this list!
(Except for KI4BRY, since AFAIK, there is not an IRLP
or Echolink connection from Australia to the net.)

Really, what can I do to encourage more people to check
in?  Do we need to have a net of our own?  We could
arrange that.  (Would people prefer 2m or 70cm?)

Let's hear what everyone has to say.

Cheers,
Tanner
KB4TYE