[Linux-ham] That was a great central carolina skywarn tonight!

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:26:41 EDT 2009

Too bad my HT was so badly drained after 45 minutes that I could not push
more than static to the repeater.  :|  Time to upgrade.

I'm going with the cross-band repeater in the car, I think.

Time to flex the debit card.  Tomorrow I'll run some various kinds of
equipment by the list to see if anyone has any feelings on the matter.  I'm
going for the highest power dual band (2m/70cm) with cross-band repeat.
NOAA weather would be a nice plus but not required.

After that is the same setup, I think: dual deep-cycle batteries, battery
isolator, 2nd battery tray and dual-band antenna (or whatever is called..
one antenna).