[Linux-ham] convers node

Tadd Torborg tadd at mac.com
Mon Jan 13 11:10:21 EST 2014

Me too.  Technology is only part of the problem.  We have to focus on building links instead of stations.  CSMA does not work when there are over the horizon stations.  The trick to make a working amateur radio packet network is to build point to point links and switches.  So picking a free for all channel is counter productive.  Everybody needs two links or more.  No collisions.  The second issue is to keep the amateur radio network separate from the professional network, at least in terms of data flow.  Let's start with chat.   Next we figure out how to make a TDMA user port
Does this sound too hard?

Sent from my abacus