Need a cable for Kantronics KPC-3 to Yaesu FTM-3100

JoeTalafous talafous_joe at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 14:55:06 EDT 2017

How would I obtain or build a cable from a Kantronics KPC-3 TNC to my Yaesu FTM-3100 ?  The KPC-3 user manual leads me to believe that I need to connect the cable to where the microphone enters, but there is also a microUSB port on the back of the 3100 labelled "Data".  Is the Data port just for connecting to Chirp like programs on my computer, or can the KPC-3 connect to it?

The KPC-3 manual describes pin out connections from its DB9 connector to a DIN type connector but it doesn't say anything about the phone jack style, or are these equivalent?

I was able to connect to the KPC-3 from my computer using Pat on Lubuntu Linux: https://github.com/la5nta/pat/wiki/AX25-Linux
Now to get the radio side connected.  Any HOWTO links greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, 73s.
Joe KG5QVW