[Trilug-announce] Special Election Nov 14

Kevin Sonney alchemist@darkcanvas.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:01:25 -0400

--bAmEntskrkuBymla

Friends, Members, Fellow Linux Enthusiasts -

As many of you had noticed, I've been less and less of a presence
lately at TriLUG functions and on the mailing lists. The demands of my
job and family life have cut back drastically on the amount of time I
have to spend on TriLUG. And so, rather than do further disservice to
the group by not fulfilling my duties, I announce my resignation as
chair, and from the Steering Committee, effective at the November 14th
TriLUG meeting.=20

On November 14th, before the normal talk and during the pizza, we
will hold a special election to fill the empty place left by my
resignation. All registered TriLUG members are eligible to
participate. Nominations are open as of now, and can be sent either to
myself (chair@trilug.org) or to the SC (steering@trilug.org). The usual
election & eligibility rules apply.

After the election, it appears that the SC will once again have to
choose positions among themselves, as outlined in the bylaws. I'll
still be on hand to answer questions from the new chair, whoever that
may be.

All that being said, it has been a pleasure to serve all of you since
my election to the Steering Committee (in similar circumstances, no
less) many years ago. I think we've managed to accomplish a lot, and I
thank everyone for their time, effort, and patience with me and the SC
over the past few years.

I'll still be on-list, in #trilug, and generally around, although my
physical availability will still be limited.=20

Thanks a lot gang, and I'll see you November 14th!

--=20
--         Kevin Sonney         --
--  ICQ: 4855069  AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9
 Although the Perl Slogan is There's More Than One Way to Do It, I
 hesitate to make 10 ways to do something. -- Larry Wall

--bAmEntskrkuBymla

--bAmEntskrkuBymla--