[Trilug-announce] Reminder: TriLUG Meeting Tonight!

Lisa C. Boyd lisab@trilug.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:24:53 -0500

You haven't forgotten about the meeting tonight - have you?

Join us for pizzas, revolutions and the special election. Also plan to
attend the next installfest at Durham Tech on March 1st (info at the
end). See you there!

Lisa Boyd
Outreach / Public Relations
Triangle Linux Group (TriLUG)

**************************
Don Rosenberg will be giving a talk on "Open Source as a Worldwide
Revolution" for our regular meeting at 7:00 pm on Thursday, February
13th in the Dreyfus Auditorium at RTI. Free pizza and drinks will be
provided at this meeting.

Directions to Dreyfus:
http://www.trilug.org/dreyfus_directions.php

For more information on Mr. Rosenberg's talk:
http://www.trilug.org/

Mr. Rosenberg's Corner:
http://www.consultingtimes.com

**************************
The special election is to replace the Steering Committee seat that
Chris Hedemark vacated, since he's moved to Pennsylvania. The three
candidates who were nominated by the Feb 3 deadline are, in no
particular order:

Roy Vestal - rvestal at trilug.org - aka "porthos"
Mark Turner - markt at siteseers.net - aka "hotgrits"
Chris Knowles - chrisk at trilug.org - aka "daleth"

Last chance guys to post a bio before the meeting!!

**************************

The next installfest will be Saturday, March 1, 2003, at at Durham Tech
Community College, Phillips Building room 308, starting around 10:30 am.

Directions to Durham Tech:
http://www.trilug.org/dtcc_directions.php

To assist us in planning installfests, we prefer (but do not require)
persons who are planning of bringing hardware to pre-register online
(it's free), so we know how many people and what type on systems to expect.

Preregistration:
http://www.trilug.org/if_registration.php

If you'd like to get Linux installed on your computer for free, or maybe
get a problem with your Linux computer solved, the installfest is for
you. Bring your computer and peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse,
power cables, power strips). Although we may have some extra
peripherals, they will be limited. Bring blank CDs if you'd like copies
of the latest distributions (fyi: Red Hat = 3 CDs; Mandrake = 3 CDs). If
you can't boot your computer from CD, bring a floppy disk or two.

All TriLUG members are encouraged to attend. Experienced users can help
the newbies, or just hang out. Newbies can soak in the intense Linux and
open source atmosphere, and learn a lot, too. There will be plenty of
geekdom for all! Bring a snack to share to make this an "Eat and Geek"
event; drinks will be provided. (However, please be neat and clean up
after yourselves!).