[TriLUG-announce] September Meeting Reminder & Location Update

Barry Peddycord III bwpeddyc at ncsu.edu
Wed Sep 11 17:17:20 EDT 2013

Sorry about the late reminder about the meeting, everyone! We just
heard back about our room assignment, so note that tomorrow we'll be
hosting Michael Tiemann in Engineering Building *Three*, room 2207.

We'll try to have signs up, but the best way to get to EB3 is to come
down and park in the parking decks on Partners Way (back where Red Hat
used to be, near the new Hunt Library) and walk up the stairs and into
the grassy oval. EB3 is the one farthest away from Partner's Way. We
will be having pizza in that lobby at about 6:45.

Sorry for the inconvenience - and we hope to see everyone there
tomorrow! :D

--

Topic: Open Source: the Nanotechnology of the Cloud
Presenter: Michael Tiemann

Michael Tiemann started the world's first open source software company,
thereby placing the topic of open source into the field of economics.

Ignored for several years, open source has helped to rewrite the rules
of economics, and has become an important subject among Nobel laureates.
After reviewing 20+ years of Nobel Prize lectures in economics, Tiemann
has synthesized a new perspective on the economics of cloud computing
and the continued role that open source will play in the development of
this new paradigm.

--

TriLUG is dedicated to a harassment-free experience for everyone. Our
anti-harassment policy can be found at: