[TriLUG-announce] Election time / Call for nominations

Brian Gerard bgerard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 22:15:07 EDT 2018

Hello everybody!

May approaches, and with it the annual Steering Committee elections.  Now, now,
settle down.  It's still more than a month away.  :)

The Steering Committee basically keeps the group going.  We arrange speakers and
sponsors, manage the infrastructure, take care of the group's finances, and all
the other little tidbits that keep TriLUG moving along.  You can get more
details from Articles III and IV of the Bylaws (http://trilug.org/policies), but
that's the basics of it.  It's a great way to contribute to the group, and help,
well, steer it in a direction you'd like it to go.

And so now we are now opening the floor for nominations.  If you would like to
volunteer to run for this year's Steering Committee, toss your virtual hat in
the ring!  Or, if there's some other member you know who you feel would do well,
nominate them instead.  ...though you might want to run it by them first.  ;)

One note on how the nominations and elections work.  Candidates are nominated
and elected to the panel as a whole, rather than for individual positions.
Then the newly-elected committee meets within a week or so to decide amongst
themselves who will serve in which role.

The election will take place at the beginning of our May meeting, and the
results will be announced at the end of it.

So once again, let the nominations fly!  You may simply reply to this email (to
the general list, not announce) with a brief snippet about the person you are
nominating, and why you think they would be a good addition to the Steering
Committee.

See you all soon-
Brian Gerard
Chair, TriLUG