[TriLUG-announce] Saturday: TriLUG Hack Afternoon - Topic: Followup to Professor Jasper's LoRa Using Raspberry Pi

Scott G. Hall scott at hallcomm-inc.com
Fri May 11 10:09:02 EDT 2018

Let's have a Hack Afternoon to explore the topics and examples in Professor
Jasper's presentation last night!

In fact, let's have two Hack Afternoons!

Saturday, May 12, 2018,2:00 PMto 5:00 PM at SplatSpace in Durham
https://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/250685264/

Saturday, May 19, 2018,2:00 PMto 5:00 PM at SplatSpace in Durham
https://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/250685313/

If you already have a Raspberry Pi and some sensors and actuators, bring them.
Better if you already have radio modules.  I'll bring what materials I can for
lending.

Here is a couple of followup articles for your reading pleasure:

"Extreme Range Links: LoRa 868 / 900MHz SX1272 LoRa module for Arduino Waspmote
and Raspberry Pi"
https://www.cooking-hacks.com/documentation/tutorials/extreme-range-lora-sx1272-module-shield-arduino-raspberry-pi-intel-galileo/

"Getting Started with LoRa"
https://www.hackster.io/idreams/getting-started-with-lora-fd69d1

Here are some sources of Raspberry Pi kits, and some radio modules:

LoRa/LoRaWAN Gateway - 915MHz for Raspberry Pi 3
https://www.seeedstudio.com/LoRa%2FLoRaWAN-Gateway-915MHz-for-Raspberry-Pi-3-p-2821.html

Lora RFM95 IOT Board for RPI
https://www.elecrow.com/lora-rfm95-iot-board-for-rpi.html

38 modules Sensor Kit for Raspberry Pi RPi 3 2 Model B B+ A A+ , 44 components,
Kuman K47, $39.99
https://smile.amazon.com/kuman-modules-Sensor-Raspberry-components/dp/B01EURJ7XY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1526047427&sr=8-7&keywords=37+sensors+for+raspberry+pi

Also we explore the same things at the monthly TriBRAE meetup (Triangle
Beginning Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Etc):

Every 4th Thursday of the month, also at SplatSpace
Next one: Thursday, May 24, 2018,7:00 PMto 9:00 PM
https://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/250601256/

--
Scott G. Hall
Chief Engineer/Owner