[TriLUG-announce] Call for lightning talks. -- THIRD ROUND

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:09:17 EST 2019

THERE IS STILL TIME!
(Or: Oh No! More Reminders!)

For those of you who were in our December meeting, you enjoyed a great
intro to Kubernetes quick talk. I know I did.  How be we do that again?

We really really would love to have more talks from members to members.
We always want to hear about things that you are passionate about,
whether it is in Linux or some other form of FOSS ( Free and Open
Source Software )

Now, we know it might be a bit challenging go and give an hour talk in
front of an audience.  It might be a bit easier to come and talk from 5
to 15 minutes instead.  Come one, come all!  Talk to us about a neat new
trick that you have learned, or your latest PI toy, or how you set up
VirtualBox to run OS/2.

-- Welcome to our latest TriLUG lightning talks,  --
--   which takes place at our February Meeting!   --

Think of it as a great way to test the waters before committing to a
full presentation.  If you have slides, great. If you are going to do
a live demo, excellent.  If all you plan on doing is talking about a
project of yours without any media besides your own voice, we are
game. All you have to bring is passion.

Expect to be recorded for posterity.

If you are interested, send us (steering at trilug.org) a quick abstract of
what you want to talk about.

We ask that you notify us by February first of your intention to
participate.  ( You don't need to be all prepared by then! )

WHAT IF I HAVE SAID I WANTED TO TALK ALREADY?

Well,

1. Did you email us your bio?
2. Did you send us at least the title for your presentation?

If you answered "no" on any of them, do mail it our
(steering at trilug.org) way ASAP.

Thanks!
And, carry on.