[Trilug-ontopic] CronTab exclusions

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:14:46 EST 2007

All,

I am trying to exclude every first Saturday of the month from a process I
want to run daily.  I have found a way to to run it for the first portion of
the month, then have it skip a day and run for the rest of the month, but
I'm hoping there is something a little less confusing to the eyes.

Any advice?

(Here is an example of what I was talking about above)

0 3 1-4,6-31 Jan 0-7  <Command>              (So, at 3:00 a.m. on the
1st-4th and 6th-31st of Jan it runs the command.   The 0-7 is basically
saying Mon-Sun)

Thanks for any help in advance.

jsn