[Trilug-ontopic] mailing list server filtering setup questions

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 11:54:05 EST 2007

What would be a decent workaround for this? Say maybe something like...

lists.example.org.       IN       MX       5 list-filtering.example.org.
lists.example.org.       IN       MX       6 foobar.example.org.
lists.example.org.       IN       MX       10 lists.example.org.

Where foobar is a server set NOT to respond AT ALL. Stupid? Workable?
Bad netizenship?

Cheers,
CMP

On Dec 20, 2007 11:44 AM, Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:

> > lists.example.org.       IN       MX       5 list-filtering.example.org.
> > lists.example.org.       IN       MX       10 lists.example.org.
> >

>  From what I hear, a lot of spambots intentionally send their spam to
> the secondary MX for a domain, since a lot of times, these are not
> filtered in the same way as the primary.
>
> Alan
>

> .

Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio:
http://tinyurl.com/2o8hj4