[Trilug-ontopic] ifconfig question.

Don Jerman djerman at pobox.com
Tue Jan 29 20:06:16 EST 2008

The questions are quick...

Looking at this I'd guess uptime has been a few hours, or else several
months, because the counters reset when they overflow or when you
restart the interface.

Error rate is around 0.027%, so it might not be worth fixing.  Your call.

Overruns are typically caused by the next packet arriving before the
interrupt service routine is done emptying the buffers.  That would
indicate a fast sender at the other end, many senders talking at once,
or a slow driver or malfunctioning card.  Check for duplex mismatch
too.  That's about all I can infer with this information (not that I
know all that much more about it).