[Trilug-ontopic] CentOS/Fedora/RHEL? was: RHEL5 help..

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Tue Jun 3 12:22:56 EDT 2008

Cristóbal Palmer Tue Jun 3 09:45:58 EDT 2008
 > If you don't want to pay for [an RHEL] license, then you should
 > really be using CentOS.

BTW: what's the difference between CentOS, Fedora, and RHEL? I don't
quite understand the partitioning, except that I understand (possibly
incorrectly) that the latter is licensed/supported and the former are
not. Also, why the coyness @

http://www.centos.org/
 > CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from
 > sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American
 > Enterprise Linux vendor.

? It's Red Hat, right?