[Trilug-ontopic] CentOS/Fedora/RHEL? was: RHEL5 help..

Glenn Hennessee glenn.hennessee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:57:38 EDT 2008

It's my understanding that Fedora is where RedHat tries out new
technology that then makes, or doesn't make it, into future versions of
RHEL. RHEL is supported, via licensing fees, by RedHat for 5 years after
a release. CentOS is RHEL, from a different company/organization, but
without support. You do get all the updates but from CentOS servers, not
RedHat servers. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on any of
this ;-)
glenn