[Trilug-ontopic] driving windows from linux, off the network

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 01:38:57 EDT 2011

My guess is they are watching MAC addresses.  You can "simply" spoof the MAC
of your XP box to get around, but this will bump your XP box off.  That
being said, I am sure there are other ways they could potentially discover
you are running a *nix box from behind a windows one.  As much as im sure
you wont like it, its safer and easier to just run what they gave you.

Have you thought about pleading some bogus case of needing VMware?  do
everything you want from a Linux VM and if you need to take it to windows,
you just copy and past.