[Trilug-ontopic] list linux printers by rating?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 15:33:42 EDT 2012

Is there a way to view linux printer evaluations (ratings, reviews,
comparisons, whatever) *by rating* (e.g., high to low)? Why I ask:

My old MFP (scanner, printer, copier) is getting flaky, so I'd like to
replace it. My GF (who also runs mint) wants a cheap laser. I don't
particularly care about the brand (though my old prejudice is for HP--
do they still generally have the best linux support?) I just want
something that works Out Of The Box with minimal fiddling. (And is
reasonably cheap both up-front and per-page--I am a cheap @#$%^&!)

I went to linuxprinting.org hoping to list their reviews by rating
(i.e., show me all the printers with 3-penguin, everything-works
reviews), but I could not make their UI do that. Is there a site or
resource that will list printers in order of their linux compatibility?

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>