[Trilug-ontopic] ssh tunnel works, but ssh-agent tunnel does not?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 14:11:40 EST 2012

Alan Porter Mon, 06 Feb 2012 20:34:53 -0500
> http://blog.alanporter.com/2009-02-17/ssh-netcat

Thanks! That didn't fix the problem :-) but my .ssh/config (on A) is now
much cleaner, since

* netcat definitely looks like a better tunneling solution

* I didn't know one could have multiple hosts on one 'Host' line <duh/>

though making those changes didn't fix the problem (i.e., ssh tunneling
worked, but only with password). But in reading about ssh+netcat, a
diagram dopeslapped me: when tunneling, the key from the tunnel start
(in this example, A) gets copied to the tunnel end (i.e., R), NOT any
key from any intermediate hosts (i.e., G). Which of course I knew, but

http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug-ontopic/2012-February/000301.html
> R:~/.ssh/authorized_keys contains only
> > ssh-rsa ... serf at G.f.q.d.n

(doh!) and adding A:.ssh/id_rsa.pub to R:~/.ssh/authorized_keys fixed.

your assistance is appreciated, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>