[Trilug-ontopic] residential fiber in triangle? was: clear.com for linux?

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sun Jan 22 13:42:04 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:42:27PM -0500, Tom Roche wrote:

> David Burton Sat, 21 Jan 2012 12:10:00 -0500
> > Check prices with AT&T, then call up Time-Warner and tell 'em you're
> > thinking of switching from Roadrunner to U-Verse,
>
> and satellite. (Am I missing any? Earthlink sorta counts, but they're
> basically TWC, IIUC.)

Physically, true, but logically they seem to be different companies.  From my experience as a long-time Earthlink customer, both DSL and Cable, you can get different services ( or service people ) from each.  Yes, the Cable version of the service is physically provided by TW, and the bill is delivered by TW, but there seem to be differences.