[TriLUG] Lean on a Hacker; then get one of your file formats hacked

David R. Matusiak matusiak at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:13:48 EDT 2001

Adobe, a company that previously was known for producing software, attempted
a shaky foray into the word of copyright litigation and has since become the
target of worldwide hatred.

now, their seemingly innocuous .pdf format is attracting virus writers as if
it were MS outlook.

 "What I'm concerned about here is that this could be a new frontier," said
Richard Smith, chief technology officer of the Privacy Foundation. "It's
considered to be a safe file format."

if you only use acrobat reader, you are safe...    for now.

http://www.zdnet.com/zdfeeds/msncobrand/news/0%2C13622%2C5095366%2C-hud00025
ab%2C00.html

d.m.
yes, i understand that outlook express sucks. please be patient while my
brain surgery takes place; increasing my IQ enough that i might be able to
use a l33t mail client such as mutt, balsa or kmail.