[TriLUG] Since we're discussing hardware...any thoughts on a"Linux-friendly" new video card??

John Matthews jvm at linuxgames.com
Mon Aug 13 08:11:53 EDT 2001

On 12 Aug 2001 23:25:24 +0000, al johnson wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Dan. Your information was very helpful. Was sorry to
> hear that the Radeon cards can't be used with Linux (at least not
> yet!).

I'm not sure about the "Apollo Pro" chipset (haven't kept up with those
kinds of names) but my KT133-based board works great with my Radeon 64Mb
DDR. Was playing Q3A last night, and it ran great. Although it's a bit
sticky with some boards, so I've read, the drivers and XFree86 I'm using
are just fine.

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2859                         \ Use        _o)
Duke University    \ em: jvmatthe at math.duke.edu               \ GNU/Linux /\\