[TriLUG] viewing URLs from within pine

H. Wade Minter minter at lunenburg.org
Thu Aug 16 08:57:30 EDT 2001

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, H. Wade Minter wrote:
>
>> I've got these lines in my .pinerc:
>>
>> # List of programs to open Internet URLs (e.g. http or ftp
>> references). url-viewers=/usr/local/bin/links
>>
>> HTH.
>
> but this doesn't appear to allow you to continue perusing
> your email in pine, while simultaneously having the browser up.
> or does it?  doesn't seem to do that for me.

No - it takes over the pine session until you're done browsing.  You'll need
to copy/paste the URL into a browser if you want to do both at the same
time.
If you use a GUI browser and/or change url-viewers="/path/to/browser &", it
MAY work, but I haven't tested it.

--Wade

--
Do your part in the fight against injustice.
Free Dmitry Sklyarov! http://www.freesklyarov.org/