[TriLUG] local dsl

Andrew Perrin aperrin at email.unc.edu
Fri Aug 17 09:28:29 EDT 2001

I use telocity aka directtvdsl, and would rate it a solid "fair."  The
service itself is good: reasonably dependable (I have to power-cycle the
gateway about once a week), speedy, static IP, ethernet-based modem,
etc.  The customer service types are, for the most part, useless, although
to their credit they don't slam down the phone when you mutter
"linux."  The organization is poor, and I've had numerous billing snafus
-- all of which (so far) have been resolved, but not without their share
of headaches.

Just my 2c.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin at unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA