[TriLUG] local dsl

Steven Lee StleeStv at netscape.net
Fri Aug 17 11:48:24 EDT 2001

I too am switching from cable modem to DSL, but where a static vs. a changing IP is concerened. If I recall, when i signed up for cable, there was a brochure from a company that could do DNS for you. There is some software that you load on your machine that would update their servers with your IP everytime you powered up so that anyone trying to connect to you through www.yoursite.com would be directed to the correct IP. Anyone remember this companies name?

Steve