[TriLUG] local dsl

Don Brady dbrady at pobox.com
Fri Aug 17 13:16:40 EDT 2001

John Turner wrote:

>There are many "dynamic DNS" services. I use DynDns.org. It
>is free (but I have donated over the last year).

True but those providers who prohibit hosting in their terms of service
(and I believe Time Warner, for example, does) could start enforcing
that at any time.  In other areas, I believe AT&T cable may have started
to do so with port 80 filtering.

Actually Telocity/Directv's terms of service prohibit commercial hosting
but says they may permit limited commercial hosting at their discretion.
 At least that's better than prohibiting hosting altogether.

Don