[TriLUG] o'reilly books

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Thu Aug 23 07:23:44 EDT 2001

rday said:
>   i know that trilug has a library, but does anyone take serious
> advantage of it?  if so, i can probably arrange for my corporate
> contact at o'reilly to send a complimentary copy of new o'reilly
> books to the group.  given how many of those danged things i buy,
> i doubt it would take much arm-twisting, but i'd like to verify
> that people would actually use them, and they wouldnt just
> languish in a box somewhere.

I've used it in a few situations where I wanted to really spend some time
with a book before plunking down ~$50.  Yes, it's worthwhile.  I think Bill
was working on some sort of online list of what we have if I'm not mistaken
and I think once everyone can see what all we've got in there it will be
used more.

>   also, if you're interested, there's an o'reilly list you can join
> where you're notified whenever a new book comes out, so you don't
> have to keep perusing the web site.  i can post that if anyone's
> interested or, perhaps, just add trilug itself as a recipient,
> although it does (obviously) include non-linux related books,
> so maybe that's not such a good idea.

Definitely interested in this (personally, not for the TriLUG list).