[TriLUG] [OT] German-English translation tools

Andrew Perrin aperrin at email.unc.edu
Sat Aug 25 10:03:02 EDT 2001

Does anyone know of any free (or at least reasonably cheap) tools to
assist in translation? I'm explicitly *not* looking for a program that
attempts to fully translate texts, but rather something to help with some
of the dirty work as I begin translating some previously unavailable
articles from German. It could be something as simple as a fairly
comprehensive electronic dictionary, or possibly an NLP tool that makes a
stab at syntax as well.  Available for linux or solaris is a very large
plus, but I'll put up with windows if I absolutely have to.

Thanks for any advice.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin at unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA