[TriLUG] Re: RoadRunner help

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Mon Aug 27 15:47:12 EDT 2001

Wade wrote:
> All you should have to do is set your NIC that's connected to the
> cable modem to do "DHCP", and it should work.
>
> RR doesn't provide static IPs, they use DHCP.
>
> --Wade

Actually, that's not entirely true.  RoadRunner "Residential"
does not provide static IPs.  RoadRunner "Business", however,
does.  That's how I host my domain and it works very well.
(Especially since I cannot get DSL.  Verizon keeps telling
me I'm 800 feet too far, and then goes and increases my line
length!)

Tanner Lovelace
lovelace at wayfarer.org