[TriLUG] Re: Typing umlauts on an english keyboard

der.hans deb-user at LuftHans.com
Mon Aug 27 14:32:49 EDT 2001

Am 27. Aug, 2001 schwäzte Oliver Elphick so:

> Using vim as the editor, I can type Ctrl-k U " or Ctrl-k u "
>
> :dig shows all currently-defined digraphs.

Oooh. Most cool! So glad I've switched to vim for mail :).

If not using vim, then there's also keyboard maps ( I think they're due to
know why that one goes to capital. Shift reverses case for each of those.
the mapping is besides just trying everything.

For the final desperate ploy open up a web browser to a german web page and
cut and paste the chars. I used to keep all the German chars at the bottom
of my home page for that method when I got stuck on someone else's box.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans at LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important