[TriLUG] There is no such thing as Beginners Luck..

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri Aug 31 17:37:13 EDT 2001

A Divendres 31 Agost 2001 02:02 pm, vàreu escriure:
> Hi, I just recently installed Linux Mandrake 8 on my
> computer.

How fortunate you are! I also have Mandrake 8 !  :)

Maybe I can help

> I was very pleased with how easy it was to
> install and set up on my machine.  The only thing I'm
> having problems with is getting it to recognize my
> network card.

Usualy is relly easy... mmm ...

What kind of network card do you have?

Brand, model, PCI, ISA, USB...

> I'm pretty new to Linux, and I'm not
> used to how it operates and how the commands work, so
> I'm not sure how to solve this problem.

What error message do you get? What do you try to do?

> Also, when
> are you guys going to have another one of those
> meetings?

There's a meeting on the second thursday of each month. Usualy there's an
announcement in the list. Sometimes is a day before, but... you can rely on a
meeting every second thursday.

> I would like to come check it out and maybe
> get some pointers from you guys on how to get the best
> out of this system.

Absolutely.

Maybe, after you are done with the network card, you can start securing your
PC. It's easier than you think.

> Anyway, thanks a bunch for taking
> the time to read this and hopefully solving my
> problem! :)

No prob. And wellocme to TriLug

> -Josh Adkins

Salut,