[TriLUG] Networking questions

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Tue Sep 4 20:41:02 EDT 2001

On Monday 03 September 2001 02:14 pm, you wrote:

I thought that I'd answer this question since I've already tried it...

> 2) I use a laptop at work and home, so I use DHCP to configure its IP
> address on both networks.  I'm not sure which of the dhcpd.conf options
> need to be set so that the laptop can get the correct IP address (the
> machine with the modem) for the default gateway.  Is it the "routers"
> option?

The routers option in dhcpd.conf seems to do it.  The DHCP client configures
its default gateway according to this option.  By the way, if you use DHCP to
configure your nameservers, the client (at least, on RH 6.2) overwrites
/etc/resolv.conf.  I know because I had a couple of lines in that file
commented out.

---Tom