[TriLUG] A little off topic

Rev. Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Thu Sep 6 20:55:44 EDT 2001

Charles Fischer said:
> t looks like the Bush administration has given in to Microsoft.  What is
> worse is that by announcing that the federal government does not want to
> break up Microsoft, it puts pressure on the states to back off as well.
> Lets hope the EU has more backbone.

While this is one possibility, I do believe that Bush is on a mission to
save the economy.  And like it or not, a breakup of Microsoft will have an
immediate negative impact on the economy (even if the long term impact were
more positive).  The timing of all of this was just really bad, I guess.

Not to worry.  Linux, *BSD, and other operating systems are still chipping
away at Microsoft.   Star Office 6.0 is due out soon which should be another
strong lure to alternative platforms.  We're going to beat Microsoft despite
their tilted playing field.

Reverend Christian J Hedemark II
Hillsborough, NC
http://yonderway.com