[TriLUG] A little off topic

Justin Johnson drj at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 7 15:42:09 EDT 2001

rpjday wrote:

> and now that you've finished frothing at the mouth, allow me to
> enlighten you.  the issue here is not whether the federal government
> has the right to tell microsoft how to run its business.  the issue
> is whether the federal government has the power to tell microsoft
> to *stop* *breaking* *the* *law*.

No,  in my opinion the issue is that the Federal govenmet needs to quite
telling business' how to operate.

> >did i type that slowly enough for you?
> No, please come over here to my office and tell me again. I'd really like
> that....

> i am thoroughly tired of people who, apparently without a clue, keep
> harping on how the government should get off microsoft's case, leave
> them alone, stop telling them how to run their business, etc, etc.
> blah blah...

I guess this gets back to my not having a clue, nor am I allowed to have an
opinion I guess.

> the issue now before the courts is -- what should the punishment be?
> that's what you get when you *break* *the* *law*.  is this starting
> to make any sense?

Again, no. Please COME OVER and explain it to me directly.

> bitching and moaning that there aren't better alternatives to MS
> products really gets the whole concept of cause-and-effect backwards.

If you say so...

> and that's "precedent," not "precedence."  but bad spelling is the
> least of your rhetorical problems.

Wow, your mastery of the English language is amazing! I humble myself before
you oh Great One.

I'm sorry I expressed my opinion in this public place. I'm sorry you had to
read my idiotic post. I'm sorry that MS has caused you so much pain. And I'm
sorry that your such a little person that you have to resort to flaming me
in a public and disrespectful way, simply because my opinions and ideas
differ from yours.

Have a nice day, and a beutiful weekend,
Justin