[TriLUG] Mounting a network filesystem to install Mandrake Linux 8.1beta3

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Fri Sep 7 17:38:33 EDT 2001

I didn't reply immediately to Josh's initial post regarding the subject,
but it appears that the latest Mandrake 8.1beta3 "allows the configuration
of network filesystems (Samba or NFS) mount points" in DiskDrake, which
implies that you should be able to install your distribution via Samba or
NFS. (The NFS option has been around for quite a while; the Samba option
is certainly a new one to me. Feel free to enlighten me if I'm misled.)

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc