[TriLUG] DMCA II - Electric Boogaloo

Jonathan Magid jem at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Sep 10 13:06:27 EDT 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, rpjday wrote:

> first, we should all read carefully the text of the proposed legislation.
> try www.politechbot.com/docs/hollings.090701.html as a starting point.
>
> then, i'd be interested in knowing just how such legislation would
> be *implemented*, and who would bear the cost.  this whole bill sounds
> like a wish list by someone who has no idea of the difficulty of
> implementation.

According to this message posted on Declan, the technology is already
developed:

Sender: owner-politech at politechbot.com

The complete text of the draft SSSCA (2.5 MB PDF file) is now online:
http://gnu-darwin.sourceforge.net/sssca-draft.pdf
http://www.nullify.org/sssca-draft.pdf
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/sssca-draft.pdf
http://www.parrhesia.com/sssca-draft.pdf

Slashdot thread on the SSSCA:

Politech archive on SSSCA:
http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=sssca

EFF alert on "Canadian DMCA" -- comments due September 15:
http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010907_eff_canada_cpdci_alert.html

-Declan

********