[TriLUG] What really scares me about this terrorist situation

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 12 14:36:28 EDT 2001

You're in good company here. This is pretty much what Tom Clancey said last
night on a panel discussion he participated in about "what to do next". He
said the problem is intelligence gathering and interpretation. It's really
not so much the gathering that is the problem as it is the interpretation.
For example, did you know that salaries at the NSA are very low? The only
reason people work there is because they get to play with the most powerful
computers in the world!! This would also cure problems like the FBI has had
lately with agents "selling out our secrets to the enemy". There is a lot of
insane things that caused this problem and not all the people who belong in
an asylum come from the Middle East!!