[TriLUG] Mandrake install config question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 10:52:00 EDT 2001

Don't know.  You may have more luck with this question on the Mandrake
Forum.

Still here's an idea - move off to one of the command screens (Alt-F??) then
I believe you have access to a bash shell running as root, from there you
can either remap /dev/fd0 to one of your other devices that is an ordinary
partition (/dev/hda2) - or even try just mounting one of your partitions as
/mnt/floppy (after umounting /dev/fd0 first...)

Knowing the Mandrake folks, they probably *do* store the config info
somewhere in the install, so you just might be able to move that to floppy
at some later time.

Good Luck - Jon