[TriLUG] backup to a remote tape drive

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 11:30:13 EDT 2001

NFS.

Mount the IDE drives to the other box via NFS (or samba, or  whatever...),
then the backup box treats the remote partitions as local. The backup is
easy, and quick.

This might be interesting to try... Mount the tape drive and then just ftp
the information from the other server right on over.

Good Luck - Jon