[TriLUG] What's wrong with AbiWord?

Matt Matthews jvm at linuxgames.com
Fri Sep 14 08:45:42 EDT 2001

Kevin made a comment last night about AbiWord not being up to snuff. Is
this a generally held view? I've found it to be useful many times for
opening .doc files (admittedly something I really don't have to do every
day) which did have some wonky formatting, but at least were readable.
Further, in the few times I've used it as a word processor, it has
served me quite well.

That said, I generally use LaTeX for documents I really want to look
"professional", over all other text formatting programs.

What is preventing AbiWord from being a drop-in replacement for MS Word?

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU\Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\